Sunday, October 4, 2009

Home For Hannukah

  McCalls Blog

McCall’s Quilting Magazine (Nov/Dec), the Holiday Issue, has published my Hannukah pattern!  Yeah!  It is now available on the newsstands.  It’s design is a nighttime scene of houses lit up as a menorah.  I haven’t seen anything like it before. 

Home For Hannuakhblog

McCall’s has taken the pattern one step further.  At the end of the article, they cleverly show how the pattern can be modified to turn  it into a North Pole scene or an evening village.  Thank you McCall’s.  It isn’t every quilting magazine that includes a pattern for this holiday.  To double the pleasure for this holiday season, they have also included another one of my patterns in their  January issue of Quick Quilts magazine. (Coming soon.)  If you enjoy seeing a pattern for Hannukah in their magazine, shoot a quick e-mail to mcq@creativecraftsgroup.com.

8 comments:

  1. adorable! I can't wait to dash out to the local bookstore to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this mag! Love your very original idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, Cheryl! Congrats on being published not once but twice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I am going to pick the magazine up just for your pattern. Congratualtions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops! Right when I hit send, I realized I spelled Congratulations wrong. Silly Me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on a wonderful design getting published in McCalls. This is a quilt I will try and get made even though we are not Jewish. I really respect the Jewish faith, and try to educate my children about all faiths of the world. This will be a wonderful way to pay homage to another faith during a special time of year. Thanks for sharing it!
    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Cheryl, the color and the design. Congrats on the magazine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.