Friday, February 5, 2010

Trip To Mexico

A few months back I received an e-mail from QSDS. They are a non-profit group, based in Ohio, that encourages the creation of quilts as art through symposium, museum exhibitions and trips. The e-mail was about a trip to Mexico during The Day of the Dead celebration, October 23- November 2. The stated focus is to study Mexican art and culture through visits to Mexico City, Oaxaca and side trips to Puebla and Cuernavaca. My heart almost jumped out of my chest. My love of Mexican folk art is only surpassed by my love of Puebla, "City of Tiles". The trip also includes visits to the studios of Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera.

I had been to Puebla last March with my husband to see the many buildings adorned with Talavera tiles. We also took cooking classes at Mesones Sacristia, which is famous for their Mole Pablono. It would be great to go back.

The trip looks absolutely fascinating. To view the Mexican culture and folk art during a celebration like Day of the Dead is just too tempting for me. I'm saving my pennies. Anyone else? e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.