1. Pro Chem & Dye is the mecca for fabric dyeing. (It is housed in an old typical New England textile factory.)Carol Soderlund presents the most organized workshop based on her 14 years of teaching dyeing and is extremely generous and knowledgeable.
3. Her handouts are amazingly detailed and informative.
4. The class is full with many students who have been dyeing with happy accidents and now ant an organized and systematic method. (Including me!)
5. Pro Chem offers about 140 different color MX dyes.
6. Of all those dyes, there are 16 pure dyes.
7. From 9 of these pure dyes, we will end up with 1042 color swatches. Along with the swatches, we will all go home with a notebook with the formulas, that everyone is lusting after.
8. It's deja vu all over again, back to college chemistry lab with the graduated cylinders.
10. Stirring the dye bucket for 15 minutes seems like forever.