Thursday, December 9, 2010

Free Silk Scraps

I have spent the past two days nursing a groin pull and organizing my silk dupioni stash.  I should have taken a photo of all the silk that I had stored in plastic bins dumped on my family room floor, but I was too driven to get it organized and put away.  Besides if you just look at that silk, it frays.  So I sat there with a pair of scissors to cut all those threads and determination to get rid of the scraps.  Reluctantly I put the scraps in a bag to throw out.  Then my husband said someone might want those scraps, don't throw them out!  (Boy does he get it!) 




The clear bag is full of scraps that are either backed with fusible web or a lightweight stabilizer.  Then there is the pile of scraps and all of the beautiful threads that frayed.  I'm sure someone must have a use for these threads.  So, anyone that wants an envelope full of scraps or the beautiful threads that I trimmed, e-mail me.  I will fill one of those USPS "If it Fits It Ships" boxes or envelopes and all you have to do is pay the postage.  You can have some or all, just don't ask me to sort. First come, fist served.

You'll save me from feeling guilty!

8 comments:

  1. I want the Threads. Please send me some threads. Thanks.
    Debbi F.

    I will email my address or it is in the member directory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you said first come but I'm on standby just in case!!
    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Threads may be gone, but fabric is still available. C

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to have some of the threads or fabric if there is any left to be had. What beautiful colors!!! laura@clardy-law.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you get my email Cheryl??
    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love the fabric scraps. I've never had any silky!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love some of the scraps and threads in the future as well, please! vivian

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.