Friday, December 24, 2010

Top 10 Things

Chanukah has come and gone.  So while most of you are getting ready for Christmas, I have some extra time on my hands.  I thought I would put together a list of the top 10 things I use most often as a quilter and designer, and give you a peek at my workspace. 
(As much as I tried to prioritize my list, it's really not in order.)
  Are there any tools I missed?  
Is there something indispensable or a favorite of yours that is not included.  Please do share.

Wishing you health and happiness in the New Year.

10.  Design Wall
Used for designing as well as my filing system.



9.  Hand Sewing Needles
Lots of assorted needles for lots of different  threads.
8.  Freezer Paper
Found in the grocery store with many quilty uses.


7.  Journal - I keep a journal that includes everything from ideas, thoughts, sketches and inspiration.  I look for the ones that are blank on one side for sketching and with lines on the other side writing.
Great personal reference.
6.  Printer/Scanner
An essential design aid for me.




5.  Threads
I use all types of threads as long as I can put it through a needle.
4.  Embellishments
This is my candy.
3.  Computer
How did we live without them?

2A.  Sewing Machine
I'm a Bernina girl.  I've tried others, but ....
2B.  Rotary Cutter/Mat/Ruler
Had to squeeze this in.  I remember making a quilt  composed of 4" squares in the early 1980's without one.  I have to choose this as a tool that revolutionized quilting.

1.  Fabric Stash
A quilter's palette. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.