Saturday, August 20, 2011

Beads, Beads, and more Beads

I had a plan for the day.  I did a bit of housework, then I was heading out to Beadfest, the largest bead show on the east coast,  to do a little shopping.  Then I was going to get in what has become my summer exercise - biking and then swimming.  Where I bike is right near the location of the bead show, so my plan was perfect, or so  I thought.
Well, after 4 1/2 hours at Beadfest, I called it a day.  I missed lunch and my feet were done.  But look what I bought.  Woo hoo!  I can't wait to do some embellishing.

I love the disk type beads.  I put them on my pieces laying them flat and keeping them in place with a seed bead.  This is the first time I have seen the triangular beads.  They will look great hanging off the bottom.

Presents?  I love those rhinestone flowers.

This is some very funky stuff.  Ooooh.

Metal charms.

Those are fresh water pearls.  Aren't they gorgeous?

These dyed shell beads offer quite a bit of color options.

This is where I store ALL of my beads. It's a plastic file case and it's portable.

I use these plastic screw containers for the larger amounts of beads.  I organize them by color.  Of course there is a preponderance of blue!

I also have one of these "books" that fits inside of the file container.

This is what it looks like inside.  I use it for smaller amounts of beads.

2 comments:

  1. What a great show to attend. It must have been challenging to decide what to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what wonderful eye candy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.