Saturday, February 11, 2012

Leaving On A Jet Plane

I'm leaving for Israel this evening.  I am so excited and can't wait to be immersed in the history and ancient architecture of this amazing, resilient country.  I was supposed to go as a teenager, but that's when the fighting started with the 6 Day War. 

I have been afraid to go ever since then.  All the news stories make it seem like such a dangerous place to visit.  But everyone I know who has gone to Israel has told me how safe they felt when they were there.  I've been told that the Israelis know where all the tourists are located, just in case....  So when my synagogue was planning a tour, I knew it was time to go.

We have a jam packed itinerary.  I  am meeting with at least one group of quilters. I hope to share lots of photos while I am gone, if I can figure out the technology with my iPad.
  Keep stitching while I'm gone.

 

3 comments:

  1. You will LOVE it! I went by myself when I was 25. Of COURSE, stuff was happening in the Mid-east but I was determined. While I was there the Achilles Lauro happened and the government immediately notified me in person (you give the hotel your passport so they know where you are) and explained risks, etc. to an American. I travelled the entire country and even stayed at a kibbutz for 5 days and I never felt more safe. It is a fabulous country filled with GREAT people. Have FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been there twice...you will really be glad you made the decision to go. Can't wait for you photos and stories!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.