I have been sewing away on the chuppah or the wedding canopy for my son's wedding. I finally finished it this week. My husband and I also worked out how it will be suspended over the couple and the rabbi during the ceremony. Next Wednesday I will share it all, but I can't spoil the surprise.
The first step in my Chuppah Project was to involve the families and friends of the couple. I cut out leaves from green batik fabric. I mailed them to families and friends with a pen and a request for them to sign a leaf and perhaps add good wishes. I also had the guests at the bridal shower do the same. At this point I wasn't even sure what the design would be, but I knew it would have leaves.
When I did start to think about the design, I wasn't getting excited about all those green leaves. I thought the design would be a bit dull. So as you can see below, I added other colors to jazz it up. After I finished the chuppah, I had some leaves left over. I didn't want to throw out the extra leaves or put them on a shelf and save them for who knows what.
I decided to use them up and create something unique.
The wedding is in 3 days. I am starting to get excited instead of apprehensive. If you have been the Mother of the groom, I think you will understand. I can't wait to share everything. I'm warning you now that next week, if you decide to come back and visit, make a cup of tea, sit down and check out the details of the chuppah and the wedding story. It will be a long post.