Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Mosaic Bike Ride

There is a great place to ride your bike not far from my house. It is called the Schuylkill River Trail.  I love to ride it from Valley Forge to Manayunk.  It is a multi-use trail that is predominantly paved and there are NO CARS and you often have a view of the river.  We went out yesterday
(Bailey & me) and rode a little over 15 miles.  The view is fantastic.

 
It is a beautiful ride.
 
I rode a little further than I normally do and was so excited to see all of this community art. 
Most of it was mosaics. 
 Painting and mosaics
Mosaic close-up
Under the bridge is this work in progress
This mosaic wall was made by a school group
 There were lots of these.  I'm not exactly sure what they are. 
 They look like steps, but are just plopped in on the ground.
They are so well executed.

 
 
Discovery is so much fun.
 

4 comments:

  1. I love mosaics, and daydream about making my own. Loved seeing what you saw, thanks for posting about it. We get such inspiration from all kinds of art, do we not?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a camera with you! Love seeing Bailey's fluffy little head in the first one. Particularly like the mosaic with the tree but all of them are great. Thanks for sharing your discovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What beautiful mosaics. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bike ride and path. What is Bailey riding in? Enjoyed the pics.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.