Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Summer On A Plate

 
 This has become my favorite summer dinner - presented by my hubby.
I call it summer on a plate.
I remember the first time I tasted an heirloom tomato. It was a moment I won't forget.  My quilt group, The Quiltinis, was out having lunch after a guild meeting. I had to stop on my way home that day at the local farmer's market to bring an heirloom home for my hubby.  We were shocked by the price, but decided then and now that they are sooooo worth it. 
 My favorite is Brandywine.   If you haven't tried one yet, you must. 
 

4 comments:

  1. I love fresh tomatoes but mine are not ripening, even though I bought them at full size. I have tons of tomatoes, but they are all green. I am getting in a nice batch of green beans though, so at least I will be healthy, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum. I have a toasted tomato sandwich with feta cheese every day that tomatoes are in season. btw, I was in Grand Rapids and saw your dog quilt there. Great to see it in person. were you at the show?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good! I love heirloom tomatoes, too.
    But unfortunately the tomatoes this year are not as good,
    and even more pricey. We have had such a hot summer, with
    above normal night time temps. The very hot day time temps,
    combined with abnormally hot night time temps have not been
    good for our tomato plants -- no relief at night
    for plants to recover from the hot days! But at least we are
    getting some rain now! Yea!!!
    Lovely flowers -- are they from your garden?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.