I bought myself a small sketchbook and I have this great set of markers. My plan is to combine lettering, sketching and journaling. If there is a name for that, please let me know. Eventually I'll make up my own name. It is to be a daily ritual not to last more than 15-20 minutes. I'm not the best at drawing, but I do know that practice leads to improvement. My plan isn't to be Leonardo DaVinci. I want to keep to my own style and keep it simple, whimsical and in the vein of folk art. (My inspiration is the watercolor art journaling of Jane Davila, www.janedavila.com)
So, once a week I will share my pages with a humble heart. By sharing, I am making that commitment to keep on going and maybe by New Years Eve 2014, I will be proud of my lettering and sketching. It's all experimentation and these are my rules:
1. Do it daily
2. The page is to include a word, a sketch and writing.
3. The three items listed above do not have to be related.
4. The page should not take more than 15-20 minutes.
5. No erasing.
6. I will share it weekly with no explanations necessary.
7. Play, experiment, enjoy and no excuses.
So with those rules in mind, here is my journal and my first week of pages.