Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Something's Fishy Here

I try to be nice to my feet. I walk 5 miles a day when I'm home. I punish them when I ride my road bike for miles in rigid shoes. And I try to do Zumba as often as I can. I have battled Planter Fasciitis from time to time. I need to treat them special.
In the Old Town Square here in Prague there is a Thai spa. As we walked by, I could see men and women getting foot and leg massages. It looked so perfect after walking my feet off all over this city. We went inside to check it out. Not only did they have pedi massages but they also had Fish Pedicures. Fish pedicures? I had seen it on TV. The fish nibble off the dead skin and it is supposed to increase your circulation. Hmmmmm. Do I dare? It took me all of 2 minutes to decide to be adventuresome and give it a try.
First they washed off my feet. (Wouldn't want to kill those fishies!)
Then slowly I lowered my feet into this long fish tank. It was lit with this glowing green light.
After lowering your feet in, they told you to relax. Really?
So how did it feel after 25 minutes of these little fish nibbling at my feet? At first it was vey ticklish. Then it felt like tiny little bumps. I certainly could tell without looking when more and more fish found my delicious feet- anyway, delicious to them. A fun vacation adventure.

4 comments:

  1. I am not sure if that looks fun or creepy, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Concerning your plantar fasciitus. . .I, too, had suffered from this. Even went to the doctor---no relief. He told me it may go away or not. Then I went to visit my mom in Hawaii and she called a friend of hers to the condo. The lady does shiatsu ( Japanese acupressure). I told her about my heel and she told me to press along the side of my thigh with my fingers till I found a sore) spot. Once there, press really hard on that spot (yes, it hurts) with your thumb, but miracle of miracles, the PC went away that quickly. Now, remember, this advice is free and it may or may not work for you, but give it a try. I have told several of my friends about it and it has worked for them. One even called me "Dr. O".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl, that sounds so good.
    How do your feet look?
    Roni

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to try this, I just can't stand fish. :( How did your feet/skin feel afterwards? I've never had a pedicure, so I wouldn't know by comparison. But I do want to see what my feet would feel like afterwards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.