Wednesday, July 23, 2014

For Pet Lovers Only

This is my most favorite quilt that I have ever created. I love my dog, Bailey, and I love this quilt. If my house was on fire and I had to grab one of my quilts, it would be this one. I spent 2 months creating it during the winter of 2013. You can read about it HERE.

I brought my Bailey quilt to MAQ last weekend as a possible class for next year. A few people approached me about offering a workshop outside of MAQ as a retreat for them to recreate their dog. Then a few more and a few more. I had the beginnings of a list.

So I'm putting it out there. I have a lake house in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania. I have done retreats there before. I can accommodate 5 women. So I'm thinking about doing a 3 day retreat in the fall or spring. It will include lodging, food and instruction for you to create your own Pet Headshot from a photo. You can do your dog or cat or iguana.

I haven't chosen the dates yet, but this is the makings of a long weekend engrossed in the love of our best friend and other like minded quilters. If you are interested, shoot an email to oyveyquilts@yahoo.com. When I choose a date I will email whoever is on my list.

 

4 comments:

  1. That is such a fun quilt and a retreat sounds like fun too.
    I can't make plans so haven't done any classes yet, always seem to have my bad days at the worst moments so I decide what to do on each day.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun class! And to come back with a quilt of a loved pet. Sounds like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I am not a pet person, it is an awesome quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am wondering in your busy year, if you ever got to do this,,,,,,,it would have been a wonderful retreat,,,,,,:))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.