In the body of it, I ignored the seams and did swirly quilting along the diagonal sections.
When I looked at the borders on the sides, I decided that a more geometric design was needed for balance, so I quilted a continuous line triangle inside of the triangles.
I put the binding on by machine. This is my new favorite method. Besides being quicker, I think it is sturdier than stitching it on by hand, especially if it is going to be used and washed. It is a different look - a bit flatter. I do make sure I stitch into the corner - and then back out again.
Here's a LINK for the table runners that were made with my on-line group. I was very proud of this Mystery project. I think everyone's top looked so different but very pleasing to the eye.
If you would like a copy of the Mystery Project , e-mail me.