Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Summer Wrap Up

Everyone that I talk to agrees on one thing.  This summer has flown by.  I know it has for me.  It has been such a busy summer and I thought I needed to justify why I have not gotten on my bicycle - not even once.  (OK - I just remembered that I did go for a ride with my son, where he left me in the dust.)  My bike stares at me every time I pull into the garage.  It's silently saying "ride me, ride me".  I want to, but my studio is calling at the same time.  When I see cyclists out on the road enjoying the beautiful weather, flying along the hills, I want to be out there too.  There are just not enough hours in the day and by this point I am so out of shape that I think instead of flying up the hills, I would be walking my bike up those hills, huffing and puffing the whole way.

So here's my justification list:

  • Mosaic Pet Retreat - A great long weekend with a great bunch of students.  Loren and I finished the Cooper top. Now it's om my to do list to quilt it.
  • MAQ- I taught 3 wonderful classes at Mt St Mary's University  reconnecting with students and friends from years past and making some new friends.  It does take a lot of work to get ready to teach 3 separate workshops.
Dupioni Silk Lone Star

Beachalicious

Curvalicious Pillows - The Perfect Finish
  • AQS quilt show in Syracuse - This was a wonderful experience with Don as my co-pilot.  I demoed my heart out for 4 days, sold a bunch of tools and made lots of new Curvalicious fans. Plus, Curvalicious found a place in 3 new quilt shops! 
     I was so motivated by this show that I am in the process of signing up for the AQS show in Daytona Beach next February.
  • Torah Covers Commission - I designed, created and delivered 2 High Holiday Torah covers to Temple Sholom in Broomall
                           

  • Shhhhhhhh - I worked on one other project for close to a month, that I can't wait to share, but not yet.  I am bursting at the seams with excitement.  More info to come in October.

The Fall is coming and I have lots of speaking engagements coming up.  Check the tabs above for the dates.  It is also a wonderful time to be outside riding.  Hmmmmm.



Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. You were BIZZZZZEEEEEEE!!! So much beautiful work accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been making incredible, awesome things!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.