Monday, May 15, 2017

It's Monday, Again



Sometimes a girl just has to have fun.  On Friday I decided to take a break from prepping kits for my upcoming visit to The Pomegranate Guild Of Jewish Needlework's biennial convention in Atlanta and just play!  I bought some linen last time I visited NYC and bought some more at Byrne Sewing Connection when I taught there 2 weeks ago.

I had to search for my Print Gocco.  It has been many years since I had used it, but I had an  idea that I wanted to try.  It eventually turned up in the basement.  I heard it was a Japanese children's toy back in 2009.  It's an easy way to silkscreen, making the screen and printing all in one.  The problem is that the bulbs used to expose the screen and the  screens themselves are single use only. Although in limited supply, replacements can be bought, but they are pricey.  I had enough to make 2 screens and that's what I needed.

I searched for some copyright free designs and found what I was looking for.  I experimented a bit with the size, printing with my inkjet printer.

I prepared the screen.



and got ready to print.


It took a bit of experimentation, and then success.

After these dried, there was Step 2.

Here they are drying and here's a close up.

On Mother's Day, I always do some sewing for myself.  Sometimes it can last an entire day and other years it's just a couple of hours.  Since I'm leavng for Atlanta in less than a week,  I only had a couple of hours.  I had the perfect set up with my favorite companion, breakfast made by my hubby and a Netflix show on my iPad while sitting at my sewing machine.

 I did have fun turning my silk screened sewing machine into my zippered pouch.

I used the directions from The Sewing Chick.  She has great instructions 
for inserting the zipper that lays perfectly flat.  You can find her instructions HERE>
  Thank you Tessa Marie.

Speaking of dogs, I used my dog print on linen for the inside.

And to make the day even better I had a visit from my son who cooked me a wonderful meal and brought the perfect cake.

Hope you enjoyed Mother's Day whether you are a Mom or you celebrated
 a Mom you know or knew.  

Stop by on Friday for the next Stitchography interview.  Beth Helfter of Eva Paige DEsigns.I am learning so much about the different paths that we "creatives" take along with advice for people waning to earn some money doing what we love.

6 comments:

  1. Very creative! Loved your class at Byrnes and almost done with the project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl you can do anything!!! Screen printing!! Amazing! What a wonderful Mother's Day and that cake - wow!!! Have fun in Atlanta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Cheryl. I have done some screen printing using vinyl cut with my Silhouette for the screening. Love the sewing machine. Putting it on my list of future projects. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sam. Also, thanks for reminding me about the Silhouette. I own one and have hardly ever used it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.