Monday, September 7, 2009

Girls Just Want To Have Fun!

Sometimes you just need a little quickie. You know a small little project that you can whip out in a couple of hours, especially when you are spending hours and hours working on time consuming quilt projects.

I was in a quilt shop and I saw this beautiful fabric with bird cages on it. I though it would be perfect to make something for my son’s fiancĂ©'s mother. She breeds and raises birds – Gouldian finches – LOTS OF THEM. (Aren’t they amazing looking birds? Like a child’s crayon coloring.)

imageThe project needed to be not too time consuming and I wanted to use big pieces of the fabric so she would see the motifs. So I found a pattern for this cute purse that said it would take 2 hours. The pattern is “The Two Hour Tulip Purse”. I made the “cantelope” size. After cutting out all of the pieces and fusing the fleece/stabilizer, it took me a little bit longer than 2 hours. It was soooooo gratifying.

purse

I wrote a note, stuck it inside and mailed it off to her for just a little surprise gift. I hope she likes it.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Great purse, it is very cool! Her birds are neat too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on hold for that pattern right now. I thought it would be fun. And it didnt look like the regular style bag. I am planning on using it for my crocheting and tatting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela - What size are you planning on making? I love the way the pattern describes the sizes as canteloupe, volleyball and basketball. I can't remember their description for the smallest one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.