Thursday, July 29, 2010

Free Paper Piecing Pattern

My last post was a tutorial on how to paper piece.  After thinking about it overnight, I had this idea that maybe it would be a good idea if I offered an actual pattern for those of you that want to try it.  So I designed this birdhouse pattern that you can play around with.  It is certainly suitable for beginners and it is quite versatile if you want to play with it.

Here is the pattern.  To print you own copy of it, place the cursor over it and right click with your mouse.

Click on Copy Image.  Then open Microsoft Word.  right click with your mouse and then click on paste.  The pattern should appear.   If you then click on it, you can adjust the size.  My pattern size was 8"High x 4" Wide. 
So following the directions in the previous post, my paper pieced birdhouse looks like this:


Then I decided to make a bunch of them and create a small wall hanging.  I varied the height of each birdhouse, added extra sky to the top of each one and varied the height of the grass. I ended up with this piece that measures 16"x23".

1 comment:

  1. You have too much time on your hands!!! Do you ever stop creating?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.