Saturday, December 18, 2010

Pincushion Present

Sharing handmade gifts is something that my art quilt group does every year.  Sometimes it's food.  Sometimes it's something sewn.  We usually exchange our gifts at lunch after our December quilt guild meeting.  It's a time to splurge on an especially nice restaurant and to let each other know their importance.  These women are some of my best friends and this has been an especially tough year for some of us.  It's so nice to have friends to count on.

But with all the craziness, we never made it to lunch.  Some of us have not even made our gifts yet.  (That would be me.)  I have already devoured my food gift, but want to share this week's gift.  We met for a quick breakfast and Kelly of Pinkadotquilts  presented us with these wonderful pincushions.  They are made from selvages and are filled with crushed walnuts.  Note the flower embellishment.  You can read about them on her blog.  (While you are there, read about her unusual birthday present.)

I am so thrilled to have a new pincushion to sit next to my sewing machine.  It's gorgeous, isn't it? The one that I am currently using, I received from an on-line birthday gift exchange.  I can't remember how old it is, but I do remember that Prodigy was our internet provider.   I think it was in the early 90's when I first started quilting.  Just look at those fabrics.  But it certainly was well used.


NEW

OLD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.