Sunday, August 20, 2017

Mosaic Quilt Progress Shots

I have been working on this Mosaic Quilt since last  October, sometimes spending days on it and sometimes it languished on my design wall for weeks. I even took it to Key West last winter rolled up in a tube and it never saw the light of day for 2 months.  Now I have the motivation to finish.  I received an e-mail a few weeks ago inviting me to be a guest on The Quilt Show with Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims!!!! Wow!!! I had been a guest on the show back in 2010 or was it 2011 - Episode 811 after my first book was published.  (Quilt Fiesta - if anyone can remember.)  My Mini Mosaic Quilts is to be the topic of this episode.  I thought this quilt from a trip to Avignon, France needed to be on the set.  It became my 24/7 project to finish it.  I spent hours and hours cutting up the 3/8" pieces, finding the right color fabrics to get the contrast and depth that I needed, trimming and placing them - sometimes removing them to replace them!

I've taken some photos along the way that I thought would be fun to share.  I am heading to Smith Mountain Lake, VA this morning for a lecture and workshop.  The quilt top is finished, bordered, quilted and the binding will be  sewn on during the trip.  I return late Tuesday and then head to Denver for the taping on Friday.  Since I have limited time, here is a photo over view.  I took a little artistic license and changed the bicycle and added a door on the right for some interest.  I'm still searching for a name.  If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them.


























10 comments:

  1. This is beautiful'. What a lot of LITTLE pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly breathtaking. Such a beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt, beautiful design and it works so well with the mosaic.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beauty, Cheryl!
    I hope you are pleased with the results and proud of yourself for finishing the top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! How about "Wheels Around the World" or "Have wheels, will travel"?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is your best mosaic yet! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.