Wednesday, December 6, 2017

AHAVA means LOVE


The December challenge for Island Batik is Table Scraps, Quilty Table Toppers.  Finally, I am not behind and have my project finished! I was motivated to have it available as a free pattern for Chanukah.  I love blue and white.  Blue had disappeared from quilting and Home Dec for a while, so you can imagine my delight when I found out that this is a new fabric line from Island Batik, coming to your local quilt shop soon.  

I was so excited to get started on the project.  I have had this idea in my head for almost a year.  One year ago, I designed my Philly Love wallhanging. 


 I made a few of them and the pattern is now available as an inexpensive download. 
 You can get the pattern HERE.  I had so much fun doing the spiral quilting.

At the time someone asked me if I could make the same pattern, but in Hebrew.  The Hebrew word for love is AHAVA.  It is read from right to left.  It looks like this:

To stack it like the Philly Love quilt

and I quilted it just like the original:
The challenge was for a table topper, not a wallhanging, so I added border triangles, 
beads and sequins.


It's the perfect time of year to share AHAVA.   Although it would be perfect any time of the year , it Chanukah starts Tuesday night.  

If you want to make your own, you can download the pattern HERE .  It does assume knowledge of paper piecing.  You can add any border that you would like. It's a table topper and is a great twist on the LOVE statue in Philadelphia.

I've been enjoying this fabric line, getting ready for the Island Batik Blog Hop in January, creating a few blocks a week.  If you'd like to see my progress, I've been posting the blocks on IG (CherylLynchQuilts) and Facebook (Cheryl Lynch Fiber Arts).

If you would like to receive my monthly newsletter full of quilty goodness, including ideas for road trips, free patterns, inspiration and great recipes, click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.