Saturday, August 16, 2014

Something For Hubby

My husband's briefcase is being retired for something more casual. He wanted some protection for his small laptop, so he turned to his favorite quilter :-)

I have probably made about 50 of these zippy pouches in all different sizes using the directions found on Dog Under My Desk's blog. She has great step by step directions. You will never be afraid of sewing in a zipper again. This is the LINK. There are lots of tutorials out there, but this is my favorite.

Although Mr. Conservative wanted a black pouch, I encouraged him to pick a fabric from my stash. Isn't this fabric perfect for someone who loves to fish? (And so much more fun than black!)

So I started by adding a few inches to the dimensions of the laptop, layered it with batting and a backing fabric. I picked a new quilting pattern to practice my free motion quilting. When the quilting was done, I trimmed the top and bottom edges so that they overlapped by 1 inch before I inserted the zipper. Then I slid in the computer and trimmed the sides so there was an extra inch on each side.

Success! He loved it.

 

3 comments:

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.