Monday, February 13, 2017

Galentine's Day




Have you heard of Galentine's Day?  I hadn't, but my DIL informed me that it was a fictional holiday made up on the TV show Parks & Rec to celebrate our love for our girlfriends.  The official fictional date is February 13th, the day before Valentine's Day.  

As an Island Batik Ambassador, my first assignment was to create something to celebrate this holiday.  I decided to use their Sweet Nectar line and  create these fun postcards to mail to my friends.  I love the combination of pink and orange.  It's a wonderful alternative to pink and red for this alternative holiday.  

These postcards can be sent through the US POstal Service.  Usually they hand stamp them and add a bit of extra postage.  To facilitate this, I print a postcard form that I formatted onto plain fabric.

Then I stitch this backing along with a piece of card stock onto the back of my mini quilt.  I use a zig zag stitch.


It's a great way to let your friends/family know that you're thinking of them with a fun little quilt.

So wishing all of my girlfriends,a Happy Galentine's Day.  You are very special to me and your support and love mean the world to me!






5 comments:

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.