Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Go Phillies!


I am not a big sports fan and neither is my husband.  We don't spend Sunday afternoons or Monday nights watching sports.  But I love when one of the teams in Philadelphia  is heading to the big game.  The Philadelphia Phillies, a baseball team for those of you that don't know, just won the National League East Championship and could be heading to the World Series. 

So I become a huge fan.  I root for the team and keep my fingers crossed that they win.  But it's not about the game or the title.  It's about how a winning team galvanizes a city. All of a sudden, we live up to our name of the City of Brotherly Love.  We're on the same side, rooting for men that are playing with a ball.  Everyone is happy.  It dominates the news.  Sometimes I even sneak a peek when the game is on TV.

Go Phillies!

2 comments:

  1. LOL!

    We're overseas and we're thrilled. DH orders MLB on-line every year to watch the Phillies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you are a Phillies fan too...I was born in PA and loved the Phillies and the 76'ers. I landed up in Ireland, as I married an Irishman...I am still a Philly girl. Nice to see a fellow Pennsylvanian.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.