Friday, May 25, 2018

What the Heck is GDPR?

What the heck is GDPR and how does it affect me?

GDPR stands for the General Data Protection Regulation.  It is a new law that adds to the European Union's privacy laws.  Compliance goes into effect on 5/25/2018. You will see and probably have seen a lot of pop-ups as you visit different websites informing you that they will be collecting info from you.  Altho it is an EU law, many US based websites, blogs, etc have European visitors and so it affects us all.  The fines for non-compliance are hefty.

There is a lot of debate as to what we small time bloggers and businesses need to do.I am trying to comply the best that I know how.  I will send an email to my newsletter readers reminding them they can  unsubscribe.  My blog and Bloglovin' are Google products. Google has published this:

You can count on the fact that Google is committed to GDPR compliance across products, including Blogger. We are always working to stay compliant, which helps make compliance easier for your blog. We are also committed to providing robust privacy and security protections built into our services. We know security and privacy are important to you, and they are important to us, too. For Google, it’s a priority that your private information is safe. 

I will also have a privacy statement in my Etsy Shop.

Please know that I have never collected or kept any data from you.  If you have purchased anything from me via a credit card, I do not keep that information.  My website/blog does not collect information.  My privacy is as important to me as it is to you.

And to satisfy the right side of your brain:
"Primitive Seasons"


I'll be vending at The Quilter's Unlimited show in Chantilly, VA the weekend after Memorial Day (6/1-6/3).  Booth #100.  It's a great show with a ton of quilts.  Hope to see you there.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.