These days, when I'm not posting, it's because I am working on my book. I've been told I am not allowed to share anything yet. I sent in the completed manuscript and the quilts to Martingale before we left for Key West in December. Now, the editing process has begun. I have my own technical editor, Robin. The first time we chatted, she had read my book all the way through. She estimated that it was 12 pages too long, but it was better to cut than to have to add.
Robin has taught me how to edit the chapters she sends me, with my computer, including highlighting and crossing out. She is so patient with my "noviceness" and makes the whole process look effortless. I thought the editing process was going to be tedious and difficult, but she has made it painless.
Today I got my biggest thrill - a reality check. There was a question about the yardage. So Robin sent me a pdf file. When I opened it, there was an actual color schematic. It looked like a real book! Not like my hand drawn yardage estimation.
Now back to sewing. I have 2 more quilts to make to show alternatives to the actual projects. These are in addition to the quilts that a bunch of my friends have made. I am so pleasantly surprised to see how versatile the patterns are. I am hoping that these alternatives provide people with additional inspiration. Stay tuned.