Friday, October 31, 2014

Zero Calorie Candy Corn

Happy Halloween!
Halloween was my youngest son's favorite holiday when he was young.  Not only did you get to dress up, but people then gave you candy. That was a double bonus. Now as adults, his wife loves Halloween too and their old Victorian house is decorated both inside and out with spider webs and other spooky things.

But candy isn't good for everyone, so I made my own treat for my grandson. It's a healthy treat - a candy corn toss game.

I started by making a pattern for the candy corns on white fabric.
 I sewed around each one leaving a space for the filling.

After filling it, I sewed it shut. I created this liner so the filling would not leak out.
I filled it with crushed walnuts so beans would never be a choking hazard.

I made 5 of them, one for each letter of his name.
Then I made the outside by sewing three strips of fabric together.

I added the letters for his name with ric rak.  Don't they look spooky?

Laying the bean bag on top of the background, I placed the candy corn strip piece on top and stitched around it.
This is what it lloked like from behind.
after cutting the edges with pinking sheers.

 And then I found this plastic pumpkin bucket from when his Dad was little.  
I think Henry will like it.
Trick or Treat!


Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. You come up with the most adorable things for your little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable, he is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl, he will have hours of fun playing with his new game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl, how cute! And as a nurse, I like the idea of having the crushed walnuts instead of beans. You are so creative. I never would have thought of making these "candy corn" bags. I don't celebrate Halloween, but I love candy corn...yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a cute idea. We didn't get anyone this year, the last of the kids, moved away.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable! lucky Henry can play with out tooth decay!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.