Wednesday, October 25, 2017

4 Cakes Are Better Than 1

 This post will be short and sweet as I'm heading out to Quilt Market in Houston tomorrow morning at the crack of dawn.  It's the largest trade show for the  quilting industry.  I'm introducing my Mini Mosaic Quilts patterns and kits.  It's a big deal and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

In the meantime, the challenge for the Island Batik Ambassadors this month is creative borders and bindings.  

Of course I had to use my Curvalicious to create my border.  It is such a versatile template that makes the most intricate looking borders using fusible applique.

  It looks complicated, but it's very simple.  If you want to see how to create these borders, I made a video that you can find at www.Curvalicious.net.  You will also see many other ways to use Curvalicious.

I cut and stitched the border before attaching it to the quilt.  That made it less cumbersome to stitch.  Then I attach it to the body of the quilt.

This is the quilt before it is quilted- a beauty shot.

I chose to use my walking foot for quilting and I chose a curvy pattern - just like Curvalicious.  

I matched the  thread to the background so it only showed up on the cake and cake stand.
The final quilt is adorable and perfect as a celebration or birthday quilt.  I named it "If 1 cake is good, 4 cakes are better!"

Yum!

I am offering a free pattern for the cake block. I will share a link in my November newsletter.  

To get the free block pattern, sign up for the newsletter, by clicking  HERE.
and
Remember life is short, eat dessert first!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.