Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Armchair Tour of Israel

This summer, The Quilt Show has been doing weekly armchair trips to wonderful locales.  They have made 2 slide shows of my trip to Israel!! Last week was an overview:

This week, I am most excited because it is all about the mosaics I found in this out of the way synagogue In Acco, called Or Torah. 

A sneak peak

My Husband and I took off on our own.  From Tel Aviv, we took 2 taxis and 3 trains to get there.  We ended up with an eager taxi driver who did not speak much English but was insistent he knew where it was.  He did not and kept telling us that we were there, when we were not.  We finally found the temple on a tiny little side street.  It was so worth the trip.
My fabric mosaic interpretation

4 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed these slide shows. The Bernina store mural and the bird image both captured my attention especially. I like your interpreation. Also left a title suggestion for your quilt made while watching the biking shown a few days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your slideshows are wonderful. And the Or Torah Synagogue has got to be the most beautiful place I've ever seen. Can you tell I'm impressed? Thank you sooo much for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great slides, love all the mosaics!Your interpretation is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing trip and I can see lots of inspiration in the tiles.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.