Tuesday, November 26, 2013

And the silk goes to...

Phillydina!! You won a beautiful trio.  Shoot me an e-mail with your address.
 
Today I went to Serger Club.  I really want to know all the ways I can use my serger.  Pamela Leggett is the Queen Serger at Steve's Sew n Vac n Quilting.  We are so lucky to have her teaching in our area.  If you check out her website , you will see that she has her own pattern line ,nationally recognized and travels around the country to share her knowledge.
 
Serger Club is every other month at Steves.  Today the project was a tree skirt and the goal was to learn to use it to do set in seams.  I made mine the size of a tabletopper and used fabric that I had in my stash. 
 
The pattern, designed by Pamela used only one pattern piece and 4 different fabrics.

Serging is messy and makes a lot of lint.
One of 6 wedges
 
One half
2 halves.  Can you see all the thread chains?

 Finished top with the teacher, Pamela.
If only I had done this in blue and white, I could have had a Chanukah present.
 
How did I feel about using the serger to piece this tabletopper? Well, it was more about learning to use my serger.  Sergers are fast.  I did this in 2 1/2 hours.  Precision? 
 Probably would have been better with a sewing machine. 
But that cutting blade that gives such a nice edge can also be the enemy. 
Sadly, 3 nicks.
 
 Buttons anyone?
 







 

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.