Saturday, December 5, 2015

Oh Happy Day!

Chanukah came early for me this week. My wonderful friend Pinkadotquilts gave me this wonderful Sew Together Bag. 
To say I was elated is putting it mildly. Her workmanship is impeccable. The fabrics are to die for. 
And it looks so unbelievably difficult to construct. I'm not sure I am going to use it because I want it to stay pristine. Check out the paw print fabric too. 
 I just can't stop staring at it. Thank you Kelly. You're the best!

Yesterday, Henry and I made these adorable marshmallow dreidels for our Chanukah celebration on Sunday. 
I did not come up with this idea. It's all over Pinterest if you look for it. It was a great craft for a 2 year old, especially one that loves marshmallows. He definitely ate more than he made. When I picked up the last few dreidels to add the sprinkles ( by this time he was off  playing with his toys) I noticed there was a bite out of each marshmallow! Don't worry, they went in the garbage. 

When I was looking for sprinkles/ colored sugar in my cupboard to use for decorating the dreidels, I found this. At 39 cents, how old do you think this package is?  

I have lots to show after Sunday, when my gifts have been gifted. I don't want to spoil the surprise for the recipients. 
Wishing all of my Jewish friends a Happy Chanukah. Enjoy the latkes!

5 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful bag and someday I will try some easier ones to start.
    Happy Chanukah!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Chanukah! Wait til,you hear my Hebrew. we sang two songs in Hebrew this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl, Happy Chanukah! That Kelly is a Sew Together Bag factory! The bag is adorable. I love the dreidels. I wouldn't have thrown the bitten marshmallows in the trash, I would have helped him finish them off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wee! love your sew together bag. Kelly is amazing isnt' she? Happy Chanukah and I love the marshmallows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your bag!!! And I hope you didn't toss those decorative sugars - they're VINTAGE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.