Monday, September 12, 2016

Cuba? Can't Wait!

Tomorrow I am heading out to Long Island, NY, place of my birth. Well, not exactly where I am going. I will be able to wave to my town as I drive almost all of the way to the end of the island, Rocky Point. I'm visiting the Eastern Long Island Quilt Guild for a Curvalicious workshop and then to share my silk quilts in the evening.

I'll be gone three days and then I'll have a one day turn around to cuddle with my puppy before we head to Cuba. I am so excited about this trip. I can't wait to see the architecture, the old cars and of course the cement tiles. You know how I lived turning the Mexican tiles into quilts from my book !Quilt Fiesta!

I'm not sure I'll be able to post any photos while I'm gone because I'm not sure there will be internet.

When I return home, I will be working on my second newsletter and will share some photos from Cuba. Also, I will include a video for the construction of my folding fiber book from Holland. It was a bike and barge trip in the land of windmills and tulips.

Lots of people have asked me how I construct these books. I videoed a 6 part class where I share how I create each page and then how I put them all together. Plus, there will be another recipe from Don's Kitchen and more quilty goodness. If you need to sign up for my newsletter, click HERE. I'd love to have you join me on my journey.

 

6 comments:

  1. I loved your last newsletter and the video tour of your studio. Looking forward to this one! Safe travels!

    Carole S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your taste in vacations! I want to do all those things, too! And the book is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great trip and wishing you much inspiration so that you will inspire us! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.