Oops! I should have included this in my original post for Wednesday's Wanderings. So here's the recipe that many of you have requested. Enjoy!
4-6 sheets unsalted matzahs
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
12 ox semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup sliced toasted almonds
Pre-heat oven to 375
1. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, making sure that it comes up the sides. Grease.
2. Cover with matzah, breaking them to line the pan.
3. In a heavy duty 3-4 Qt saucepan, melt the butter and add the brown sugar. Heat over medium heat, stirring until the mixture starts to boil. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring continuously. Remove from the heat and pour over the layers of matzahs, spreading to cover all.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes. As it bakes it will bubble up. If it starts to burn, remove from the oven and turn down the temperature to 350, then replace the pan.
5. Place on a cooling rack and sprinkle with the chocolate morsels immediately. After 2 minutes, spread the chocolate evenly.
6. Add the chopped almonds.
Cool for 30 minutes and then place in the freezer. Remove after an hour or so and break into 2" squares.