Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Calico Cutters, You Rock!

Today was the monthly meeting of my quilt guild, Calico Cutters. Have I told you lately how important it is if you are a quilter to join a guild? It is a place for friendship and growth and inspiration. I wouldn't be doing what I am doing without the love and support of the ladies of my guild.

I was blown away today. 71soldiers quilts were donated to be delivered to the Chester County VA Hospital. 71quilts! That is going to be a happy day when they are delivered.

Then Joyce Hughes gave a wonderful presentation that was about her growth as a fiber artist, starting with her first quilt - a T-shirt quilt. It was inspiring from both an artistic point of view as well as from a human one. If you have the opportunity to hear her talk, don't miss it.

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Those were some amazing soldier quilts the ladies made.
    Joyce's story about how she got into quilting was pretty incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so right about the importance of quilt guilds. I've learned so much from my guild friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree. Calico Cutters members are an amazing group of women. Caring, sharing and quilt talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those are quite a few quilts! CC guild members are not only prolific but also quite giving! I can hardly imagine the faces of the recipients of those quilts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.