Friday, April 25, 2014

Free Motion Quilt Book

I am always on the look out for more filler type patterns for free motion quilting. I saw the cover of this book and was intrigued. It looked like patterns that I could replicate on my home sewing machine and they were different than many I had seen in ither books.

The title says First Steps and presents the book for beginners, but I feel that any tips I can pick up to improve my machine quilting us always worth the money. The design that really caught my eye was this one made using leaves. It's quite unique and I haven't seen one like it. The way it branches will make it so versatile for me.

Christina takes the branching one step further and developed these other designs.

I love doing swirls and feel very comfortable filling in an area with them. The leaves and berry designs are just an extension of that. I can't wait to try them.

Christina includes a bunch of small projects that are perfect for practicing. If you would like to learn more from her about free motion quilting, visit her blog: www.afewscraps.blogspot.com

And as I promised, it's noon on the East Coast, so it's time to announce the winner of the one yard piece of Grand Central Station fabric. Drum roll please! It's jwchevan@umass.edu. Your comment made me think about how you must have felt as a 6 year old traveling on the train. Shoot me an email with your snail mail and I'll send it right out.

 

3 comments:

  1. I love Christina's book and use it all the time! I keep referring to it, and the projects are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the book tip. Your second photo is blank on my iPad....?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.