Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Don't You Love The Name Henry?

You bet I love that name, Henry. It's the name of my new grandson, my first grandchild.
Hip, Hip, Hooray!
He was born on Sunday, 2 weeks late, weighing in at 7lbs 4oz and 22" long.
I do not have permission to share a photo,
 so I will share the receiving blanket I made while awaiting his arrival. .
While my DIL was in labor and delivery, I headed to the nearest fabric store. I had to do something.
I found this wonderful flannel, with bicycles, at my local Joann's and they were having a great sale.
 Almost all of their children's flannels were $2.99/yd. A great deal.  I washed it beforehand since I was worried about shrinkage.  It wasn't too bad and it was sooooo soft. 
I used it for the back and binding and purchased minkee for the top.
I used the Missouri Star Quilt Company video that I shared in a recent blog post to make the self-binding baby blanket. If you did not see the photo of Jenny Doan and the You Tube video embedded in the post,
 here is the LINK
 
As soon as the grandbaby was given a name, I got to work:
I embroidered his name on the minkee.
I'm sure this will be the first of many.
Welcome to the world Henry.  I'm so happy to meet you.
 

Follow on Bloglovin


5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Cheryl! The blanket is beautiful! I can already picture little Henry by your side on his own little bike someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new Grandson!
    That is a wonderful blanket for a newborn and I can't wait to see photos.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new little bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful project, and mazel tov on the new grandbaby! Henry is indeed a wonderful name! I wonder if it's too late to rename some of my children!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.