Thursday, April 30, 2015

See You At The Show?

Penn Oaks Quilt Guild is having their bi-annual quilt show this Friday and Saturday. Several of my friends belong to this guild and I am always so impressed with their show. Considering that it is a relatively small guild, their members work their butts off to make it a show that is worthwhile to attend.  This year I am particularly interested in their sewing themed cookies that they are selling in their cafe.  I hope there is one left when I get there on Saturday.

One of their most successful money makers at the show is their small quilt auction.  The quilts measure 18" x 18".  I presented my "Sensational Silk" talk to them this year.  Between the warm reception I received and all of my buddies that are members of this guild, I decided to make  a quilt for it. It will be one of 50!


The fabric is silk dupioni and the raw edge fused applique is hand stitched. 
I have gotten pretty good free motion quilting my swirls in the circles.
I love the combination of the orange and the raspberry silk.  It really vibrates.
I made this mini quilt for their show when I was working on my applique blocks for this quilt:
I am working on the center medallion now.  It will be my handwork for an upcoming trip.

The details for the show can be found HERE. You can see lots of amazing quilts at The Ludwig's Corner Fire House in Glenmoore.  Plus don't forget about the small quilt auction. You can buy some tickets and maybe end up with a beautiful wall hanging for your house, and maybe it will be mine.
Maybe I'll see you there!

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.