Friday, October 22, 2010

Foto Friday

Today I had lunch with a friend that I haven't seen in quite a while.  I have known Ann for 17 years.  Our kids were in elementary school together -my youngest son and her oldest daughter were 1 year apart.  We hit it off immediately and spent many hours traipsing around Lancaster County buying plants and flowers and being mesmerized by the Amish.  Ann is a wonderful gardener and we bartered - a quilt made by me, for landscaping my yard by her. 

Then Ann started a tablecloth rental business, called The Total Table, renting to caterers and big venues.  It started in the basement of her home and now she owns a 15,000 square foot warehouse.  It has been an amazing success.  And you can understand that our love of fabric has kept our friendship going.  Ann also is a great storyteller and has a great sense of humor.  To read about some of her misadventures and also about tablescaping and tablecloths , visit her blog:   The Tablecloth Contessa.

We also share a love of all things Amish and the farm country in Lancaster County.  Photography has become a passion for her and she has graciously offered to share some of her photographs that she has taken.  So I am going to start a new weekly post called Foto Friday.  Some photos from Ann and some from me, hopefully with a theme.  All for inspiration.  Today's theme is:  Wash Day -   Enjoy!








1 comment:

  1. I love the last photo of the amish dresses! ck

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.