Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Locals Parade

Last night was the Local's parade.
  We participated in a half hearted way as honorary locals. 
There was a scramble for something to wear.
 

 Fittingly, it started at the cemetery.
People threw beads and there were free drinks along the way.
Here is a sanitized version of the many people in costumes,
dedicated to my SIL who loves Fantasy Fest.
 
 










 


 
For those of you who have e-mailed me, the people who participate with a lack of clothing are every age  and every size you can think of.
Yesterday we saw an older woman with a cane with nothing but body paint!
Part of me is happy that people are not stuck up on body image and the other part says "REALLY?"
 
The funniest thing is I can't remember the last time I got dressed up for Halloween.  It was probably when I was a kid.  I have friends that LOVE going to Halloween parties. 
 
If you are dressing up, what is your theme?
 


 

6 comments:

  1. Those are so funny and some very daring, lol.
    I haven't dressed up in ages. Before kids we went to parties and dressed up and I did when I worked, but not since then.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are way too cute! What fun! We haven't dressed up in ages...I kinda miss that! Thanks for the laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, Don went all out! Is that shirt and pants painted on?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you need to wear RED more often...you look great!!! I also have a feelling you'll be making this an annual trip to KW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks a whole lot like Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Lots of creativity.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.